GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) Policy
Updated: May 25, 2018
2. What personal information we collect
When you create a Judkins Group LLC User Account, purchase a product or service, or contact us, we collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address, and contact preferences. When payment, or payment information, is required, we will direct You to submit credit card information through a third-party such as PayPal or Stripe.
3. How we use your personal information.
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Judkins Group LLC’s latest post, announcements, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by navigating to the unsubscribe link in the last e-mail you received from Judkins Group LLC. You will have the option to unsubscribe from an individual list, or from all Judkins Group LLC lists.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use the date of birth to determine the age of Judkins Group LLC Account holders.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to Your interaction with Judkins Group LLC, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Judkins Group LLC’ products, services, and customer communications.
4. Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information. We also collect data in a form that does not identify any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as business, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, and the time zone where a Judkins Group LLC product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect information regarding customer activities on any of our websites. This information is aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of our website, products, and services are of most interest. Aggregated data is non-personal information.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services.
In some cases, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Judkins Group LLC website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications.
6. Disclosure to Third Parties. At times Judkins Group LLC may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Judkins Group LLC to provide products and services, or that help Judkins Group LLC market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by Judkins Group LLC to provide or improve our products, services, and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- Service Providers. Judkins Group LLC shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, and assessing your interest in our products and services. Judkins Group LLC also shares your information with financial institutions who provide payment (both to and from you) services. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Judkins Group LLC operates.
- Legal. It may be necessary − by law, litigation, or requests from government authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Judkins Group LLC to disclose your personal information.
7. Protection of Personal Information. Judkins Group LLC takes the security of your personal information very seriously. When your personal data is stored by Judkins Group LLC, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. When you use some Judkins Group LLC products and services that by their nature are public facing, such as when you post on a Judkins Group LLC forum, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances.
9. Access to Personal Information. You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous, vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Children & Education. We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using Judkins Group LLC products and services. Children under the age of 18, are not permitted to create their own Judkins Group LLC IDs; instead, a parent must obtain the account and provide the parent’s information to Judkins Group LLC. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 18 we will delete the information as soon as possible.
11. Third Party Sites and Services. Judkins Group LLC websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
12. Your Rights Under the GDPR. If you are a citizen or a resident of a country in the European Union, the GDPR grants you the following rights:
a. Access to Your Personal Data. You have the right to receive a copy of your personal data that is subject to processing by Judkins Group LLC. Ordinary requests will be granted without charge to you within one calendar month of when you make the request. In cases of excessive, unreasonable, or repeated requests Judkins Group LLC may charge you a reasonable fee and may require additional time to grant your request. Also, Judkins Group LLC may use reasonable means to confirm your identity before granting any request for data so as to prevent granting fraudulent requests. To request a copy of your personal data, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
b. To have your Data Corrected. If your personal data is erroneous or outdated, you have the right to have it corrected. To do so, please contact Judkins Group LLC via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
c. To Be Forgotten. You have the right to be forgotten by Judkins Group LLC. You may exercise this right by e-mailing us at email@example.com. We will comply with your request, at no charge to you, within one calendar month by deleting your account, along with all of your personally-identifiable data that is subject to any Judkins Group LLC processing. Naturally, after we grant your request you will not have access to any Judkins Group LLC products or services unless and until you open a new Judkins Group LLC account. Judkins Group LLC may use reasonable means to confirm your identity before granting any request for data so as to prevent the granting of fraudulent requests.
d. To Restrict Processing of Your Data. You can request that your data not be processed via Judkins Group LLC partners. You can make that request by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and, if you wish, you can even specify which third parties to restrict from processing your data. We will respond to your request, at no charge to You, within thirty (30) days from when you make your request. Please be advised that some of our partners, e.g., Stripe, are essential to Judkins Group LLC services, so that if you block processing by them, Judkins Group LLC’ s services may be unavailable to you.
e. Portability. You have the right to receive a copy of your personal data that is subject to processing by Judkins Group LLC in a portable format, or to have it transferred directly from Judkins Group LLC to another party. Ordinary requests will be granted without charge to You within one calendar month of when you make the request. Judkins Group LLC may use reasonable means to confirm your identity before granting any request to transfer data to You or another party so as to prevent granting fraudulent requests. To request a copy of your personal data in a portable format, or to request a direct transfer of your data, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
13. Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy. To make sure Your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Judkins Group LLC employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.